| So you've decided to through a party. Getting organized is key so it's important to think about the who, when, where, and why you're having a party first:
- Who is the party for? (business networking, family & friends, children, teens)
- What's the reason for the party? (holiday, birthday, special occasion, promote your business)
- When is the party? (weekday, weekend, holiday, daytime, evening)
- Where is the party going to be? (resident, office, banquet hall)
- How many people are you inviting?
- What type of party is it? (breakfast, brunch, dinner, hors d'oeuvres, dessert, buffet, sit-down meal)
| Now let's get to the details of making it happen! Consider the following to determine what you're going to need to do:
- Decide on a Date and Time
- Invite List - call, email, snail mail invitations
- Location - if not at your home or office start checking availability of the places you have in mind.
- The Invite - depending on how you plan to extend your invitation, write down the details of the date, time, and location so it is handy as you mail, email, or call your guests.
- Planning the Menu - if you're inviting guests by email or phone it is a great opportunity to ask about any food allergies or dietary issues that you need to consider for your menu. If you're mailing your invites you may want to either list the menu, or give them options to select when the RSVP.
- Decorations & Supplies - at the least you will need to display your menu on serving trays or chaffing dishes for your guests.
- You will also need to consider eating utensils, beverages, drinking glasses, napkins/linens, place settings, centerpieces, candles/lighting, balloons, table cloths, music, and any other decor you would like to have to create the theme of your party.
- Rentals & Misc Other
- Visualize the layout of the party location then make a list of any equipment, rental chairs, table, or portable games you will need to reserve.
- Finalize the Plan with these often forgotten tasks:
- Coat rack (hangers or a separate room to put coats)
- A place to put boots or umbrellas
- Ice, ice bucket, ice tongs, or scoop and cooler to store the extra ice
- Extra toilet paper, hand soap in bathroom
- If grilling, check the tank, charcoal, lighter fuel, bug spray, and citronella candles
- Coffee, tea bags, Cream and sugar, Salt and pepper, Wine and bottle opener
- Charged camera battery
- Garbage bags, Dishwashing soap
- Club soda (for any thing that may spill, a great spot remover)
- The Complete Shopping List - now that you know who's coming and any preferences you can create a shopping list to fit your needs. Your complete Shopping list should include your menu, decorations,supplies, and rentals.
- Scheduling the Food - determine if they are foods that you will cook or have catered-in. For dishes that you plan to cook yourself, consider what can be made ahead and what needs to be made the day of the party.
- Scheduling the Desserts - when ordering your desserts from Dessert.net CAFE, schedule your "Arrive By" date for the day before. This will allow you to keep your desserts the freshest and finalized how you want everything displayed for your guests.
- Take a look at some of our pre-designed Dessert Table Packages. In one-click your dessert menu is complete!
- You may want to create your own Dessert Table complete with custom items, party favors and more, to match your party theme. Use the Inquiry form to tell us all about it.